If you are wondering what romantic things to do in Paris, especially when you are traveling to Paris for the first time …
… then you are in the right place. We will list a few cool & interesting things to do in Paris for couples and our best restaurant recommendations for tasty French meals.
“PARIS IS NOT A CITY, IT’S A WORLD.”
~ KING FRANÇOIS THE I
TIPS FOR TRAVELING TO PARIS FOR THE FIRST TIME
There are a few things that you should know when visiting Paris for the first time:
The official language is French, but more and more people speak English fluently.
The official currency is the Euro. To convert to your local currency, use XE.
Avoid the 18, 19 and 20th arrondissements. To be close to the Eiffel Tower, search accommodation in the 16th. Find a hotel through Booking.
Getting around. The public transportation is well organized. Download the RATPapp to move around the city easily. From the airport, a typical UBER ride costs Euro 45 and taxi should be similar (make sure to confirm with the driver first). For a private driver with a small car or a van, we warmly recommend Cyril and his company MUEVETE.
Useful Tips. Tap water is free, as well as the bread at restaurants. You can get an all in one Paris pass to enter different Paris attractions and places to visit in the city. You are not obliged to tip in Paris, but most people do it. We recommend 5-10%.
Must Eat Food In Paris
We are convinced that love goes through the stomach so eating is surely part of the romantic things to do in Paris.
If you have decided to not eat your breakfast in the hotel, it’s probably a great idea. You can run to the bakery on the corner and buy fresh baguettes and croissants or you can go out and start your first day in Paris with a proper Parisian breakfast.
Café Carette was created in 1927 and we recommend the almond croissants, the hot chocolate and the macarons. The macarons are probably the creamiest – “moelleux” in French – in Paris.
There are 3 addresses in Paris: Place de Trocadéro, Place de Vosges and Place du Tertre.
LUNCH & DINNER
LE RELAIS GASCON
Le Relais Gascon is probably best known for their giant salads. These come with potato chips having garlic flavor and are simply delicious. We recommend going here for a lunch, after visiting the Montmartre and Sacre-Coeur area. The restaurant is around the corner from the Square Rictus where you find the famous “I Love You Wall“.
Second on our list is Tribeca. Our favorite place for their “Camembert roti aux truffes”. It’s melted cheese with truffle sauce and salad. You can eat it with fresh traditional baguette and a proper red wine.
Tribeca Paris is very close to our favorite ice cream shop Amorino. If you go there, try the chocolate flavor called Inimitable.
If you have time to try Café Louis-Philippe, we recommend the oysters and the cherry sauce duck filet. They also have the very French escargotswith pesto filling. A delight !
The restaurant is very close to the Ile Saint Louis and Le Marais area. So you can explore those places easily.
Romantic Things To Do In Paris
1. Take a stroll in one of the beautiful parks that Paris has to offer. There are many beautiful gardens in the city. Just to mention some of them: Luxembourg gardens, Parc Monceau, Jardin des Plantes and our favorite for any season the Jardins des Tuileries.
2. Have a romantic picnic on the Seine river. Ingredients: fresh baguette, cheese, jampbon and a bottle of wine or champagne. Favorite spots: the tip of the Ile de la Cité also called Square du Vert Galant, or close to the pont de la Tournelle. Here, the view over the Notre Dame cathedral is simply breathtaking.
3. Go on a diner cruise. Bateaux Parisiens has the highest ratings online. What can be more romantic than having a delicious meal while cruising by the most iconic landmarks in Paris. It is probably our favorite romantic things to do in Paris.
4. Explore the city in two, with a vintage French Citroen car. Our friends from City Wheels have the most charismatic drivers who entertain you throughout the journey. They will pick you up from your hotel and drop you off wherever you wish.
5. Take romantic photos to remember your great time in the city and to celebrate your relationship. Our Paris photo shoots are designed to be fun, romantic and considered to be the highlight of most our couples first trip to Paris. You are going to look back 6 months after your Paris vacation and remember how beautiful and happy you looked and felt together.
Souvenir Shopping in Paris
Finding the right souvenirs to bring back from your Paris trip can take a lot of your visiting time. This is why, buying souvenirs online is the best way, especially if you are looking for unique gifts from Paris.
I hope the tips about these unique romantic things to do in Paris, were useful. If you think that something interesting should make the list, let us know in the comments below.
Meanwhile, feel free to explore our couples photos galleries …