Paris photographer – Monday morning critique Oct 7th
Today we are looking at one of the most powerful pictures of Teo & Tudor’s Paris photo session.
What makes this Paris photo great ?
- – The important elements of the picture (the Eiffel Tower and the couple) are on the strong lines according to the rule of thirds.
- – There are no distracting elements like tourists in the image. When you first look at the picture, your eyes go to the balloons, the couple and the tower.
- – There is a strong emotion conveyed: happiness. As a Paris photographer, most of the time I try to convey a genuine emotion trough my photographs: love, joy, intimacy, being lost in a moment, etc. In this particular image, the emotion is shown by her sincere smile. Being held up in the arms of her chéri in the most romantic city in the world, expresses pure happiness.
How can this Paris photo be improved ?
- – Although it is one of the most successful pictures (+200 Likes on Facebook) I made in my whole career as a Paris photographer, I made a very big rookie mistake. It was not during the Paris photo shoot, but during editing. The strings used to attach the balloons near her wrist are very unaesthetic and are very easy to fix in editing.
- – There is not enough connection between the couple. In other photos we made during the same photo session, we have some images where the couple are looking at each other and that’s what I prefer personally, because it emphasizes their love.
This is my favorite image of this week and even if it has a huge success on social media, I want to be able to make perfect Paris photos, because that’s what will propel me in the best Paris photographers.