Photographer in Paris – Monday morning critique October 14th
Continuing the photographer in Paris adventure, today we are analyzing one of the inspiring photos we made at the Eiffel Tower during Teo & Tudor’s photo session.
What makes this Paris picture great ?
- – The composition, the arrangement of the visual elements in the frame. Your eyes are first drawn to the Eiffel Tower which gives the ideal Parisian backdrop, then you notice the attractive legs which bring a feminine touch to the image. Then right away, your eyes stay on the subject. His relaxed and masculine position is in perfect alignment with her legs.
- – Nothing says more genuinely “Paris” than a contrasty black and white Paris photo.
Ways to improve this couple photograph ?
- – I personally wouldn’t change the black and white editing, because I’m a huge fan of it. But, some may argue that the color of his bow tie and of other elements of their attire could give just a little punch to the image.
- – Although the subject is sitting in a very masculine position, having him standing would show more respect and alignment with her position.
- – The position of her legs is not perfect and a different perspective could emphasize the connection of the couple.
Having these last two thoughts in mind while laying on the ground at Trocadéro photographing, I switched the perspective and her position to obtain this second Paris photo.
This second picture is my favorite but it’s a personal choice. Actually, we are discussing these two photos on Facebook right now. If you have an idea or an advice, please share it with us here.